Brazilian Amazon is a region where the most of the aquarium fishes are coming from. Large and dwarf cichlids, characoids and loricariids, killifish and tiny catfish that live under different conditions in different natural habitats today are kept in our aquariums.
To keep them healthy we must give them what they need according to their Nature. We shouls respect their biological and environmental needs to make them happy and reproduce. This is easy when we know their original biotope, when we learn about their societal and feeding habits. When we give them their niche.
To learn how to keep some of the most popular fishes from the Brazilian Amazon we created this compilation of BIN (BIOTOPE IN NATURE), BAM (BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODEL), and articles that will help you to create the biotope tanks where your fish will feel at home. Get your online access to the BAP Archive with the SPECIAL BRAZIL EDITION (160 photos/30 pages) that includes:
5 BIOTOPEs IN NATURE:
- Rio das Mortes in Mato Grosso
- Baìa Grande, Pantanal
- Rocky biotope in Rio Iriri, in front of Caboclo hut
- Untouched Rio Preto in the upper Rio Aracà region
- Blackwater Rio Preto, upper Rio Aracá
5 BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODELs:
- Upper Rio das Mortes in Mato Grosso
- Lagoon biotope at Baìa Grande
- Middle Rio Iriri, Parà
- Lower Rio Xingu, Pará
- Apistogramma biotope in the upper Rio Preto