Bleher’s Biotopes is a timeless document for today, but also for future generations; it’s a must for anyone who wants to know more about past and present aquatic ecology.
It contains 460 pages and thousands of photos; it offers descriptions of about 50 countries and their aquatic environmental status today, with a detailed description of more than 500 rivers and lakes, including approximately 2500 fish species mentioned and presented in photos (with many new species) , and nearly 500 aquatic plants are cited. Heiko Bleher is also interested in the taxonomic problems of certain names and publishes the GPS data of almost every biotope, as well as the years of his visits and the dates of his species discoveries and/or their introduction into the hobby.
ISBN 978-88-909736-6-6 | 460 pages | Limited edition.
Indian Ornamental Fishes, Volume 1 contains about 500 inland species listing all Indian members of the families: Ophichthidae, Muraenidae, Moringuidae, Notopteridae, Clupeidae, Botiidae, Cobitidae, Baltoridae, Nemacheilidae, Psilorhynchidae and Cyprinidae
with all its subfamilies, the largest of all Indian fish species. One can find detailed and precise morphology, excellent colour photos of the species in Nature and aquaria, its juveniles comparing with similar species. There is also in detail the life colour description given of each and its variants, as well as similar species on 848 pages. Only 100 copies, a very limited edition, is available.
ISBN 978890973697 | 848 pages | Limited edition.
Subscription ADVANCED allows you to have the full access to ALL THE LOCATIONS registered in the BAP Map:
- ALL the articles about aquatic exploration by the best authors with hundreds of photos
- All BIOTOPES IN NATURE with GPS locations and detailed description of the original environment, fishes and plants collected in a precise location, other aquatic inhabitants, water parameters, substrate, data on ecology
- All BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODELS, the best possible replications of BIOTOPEs In NATURE (lake, creek, river), correct water type and chemical parameters, correct biological community, correct décor material
- FISHES, list of alternative fish species to each BIN/BAM
- PLANTS, list of alternative fish species to each BIN/BAM