- April 20, 2022 – Pre-registration call
- May 20, 2022 – Opening: BAC starts accepting applications
- July 20, 2022– Deadline to entrer BAC
- August 20, 2022 – Start of the evaluation process
- September 20, 2022 – The evaluation is concluded
- October 20, 2022 – Publication of the results
- November 20, 2022 – Prizegiving
Who can participate?
EVERYONE! The contest is FREE: NO FEES are required to submit your entry. Any freshwater and brackish water aquarium is welcome to enter the BIOTOPE AQUARIUM Contest.
Limits on BAC participation:
Your tank must be NEW ENTRY – first time ever in the contest. To avoid double entries, it is not allowed to submit the BAP entry (including a photograph of the same work taken from a different angle) to other biotope/aquascape contests (except BAP authorized contests). The biotope aquarium entries that violate this condition may become subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the world ranking.
The top 3 entries ranked with 50 and less points are not presented with sponsor’s products awards, unless the sponsors decide otherwise.
Which biotope data are required?
You have to supply the following datas:
- BIOTOPE IN NATURE: name of the biotope, introduction text, location, photo/video, inhabitants, aquatic vegetation, water chemistry, substrate in Nature, aquatic biotope, environment, bibliography/sitography
- BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODEL: title of the biotope aquarium, introduction text, location, photo/video, inhabitants, aquatic vegetation, water chemistry, aquarium information, substrate in aquarium, bibliography/sitography
Provide as complete and accurate information as you can, it will benefit the biotope community.
Once you have supplied the form with the GPS data, your biotopes will appear on the BAP Map.
Here are 2 examples to look at:
- BIOTOPE IN NATURE – Eubenangee Swamp National Park North Qld Australia
- BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODEL – Eubenangee Swamp National Park North Qld Australia
Take a note: the biotope references are an important information source and will be checked by the BAC judges!
How many biotope aquariums can I submit?
The BIOTOPE AQUARIUM Contest is subdivided into in 8 categories according to the geographical regions of the world:
- Category 1: NORTHERN AMERICA
- Category 2: CENTRAL AMERICA, CARRIBEAN
- Category 3: SOUTH AMERICA
- Category 4: EASTERN EUROPE, NORTHERN EUROPE, SOUTHERN EUROPE, WESTERN EUROPE
- Category 5: EASTERN AFRICA, MIDDLE AFRICA, NORTHERN AFRICA, SOUTHERN AFRICA, WESTERN AFRICA
- Category 6: CENTRAL ASIA, SOUTHERN ASIA, WESTERN ASIA
- Category 7: EASTERN ASIA
- Category 8: SOUTHEASTERN ASIA, OCEANIA
The 16 members of the independent BAC International Jury (2 in each Category) are experts specialized in the particular geographical region.
They are selected and appointed by the BAP Contest committee, based on their independence and reputation in the field of Biotope Science and Aquarium Hobby.
The BAP Jury will assess the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each one of the 8 Categories (24 winners in total) once all datas of the submitted biotope aquariums are checked, organized, uploaded to the BAP database and forwarded to the Judges.
These are the factors that will be considered by the International Jury in order to assess the winners:
BIOTOPE IN NATURE
- Quality and reliability of information about the original biotope
BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODEL
- Variety and system’s viability
- Conformity to the BIOTOPE IN NATURE
- Natural beauty
- Quality and accuracy of the aquarium data
Quality of the visual support
- Graphic Material (aquarium layout, etc…)
For more details visit BAC Evaluation Criteria
Attention: Lower-ranked entries may not be included in the BAP-MAP.
Biotope data submission forms
You have to fill out 2 forms:
These are two simple forms to fill in with the information about your biotope. In doing so, you can manage the data in a very easy manner without forgetting to mention something important.
BAC forms are thought to make your participation easy and fun! They are standardized and will allow us a precise and fast elaboration of your biotope data.
By following our advices you will do it in the best possible way. And become our BAC Champion!
What happens to my ©content?
The copyright of the BAC entries belongs to BIOTOPE AQUARIUM Project (BAP) and can be used by BAP and third parties. Use of any entry for advertisement and/or publication purposes without BAP consent is strictly prohibited.
Private disclosure of entry on social networking media must take place only after the official disclosure by BAP.