Bleher’s Biotopes is a timeless document for today, but also for future generations; it’s a must for anyone who wants to know more about past and present aquatic ecology.
It contains 460 pages and thousands of photos; it offers descriptions of about 50 countries and their aquatic environmental status today, with a detailed description of more than 500 rivers and lakes, including approximately 2500 fish species mentioned and presented in photos (with many new species) , and nearly 500 aquatic plants are cited. Heiko Bleher is also interested in the taxonomic problems of certain names and publishes the GPS data of almost every biotope, as well as the years of his visits and the dates of his species discoveries and/or their introduction into the hobby.
ISBN 978-88-909736-6-6 | 460 pages | Limited edition.
Bleher Discus, Volume 1 is much more than a book about Discus. It is a book for everyone! For those who love nature, for those who are interested in real and fully updated history of Amazon River, for the scientist, limnologists, taxologists or ittiologists and teachers, biologists or zoologists, nature photographers or simply fish lovers.In this book you can find more than just a simple description of the Discus species, but also a great wealth of new animals that no one has never seen before.
ISBN 9788890181610 | 672 pages | Limited edition.
Bleher Discus, Volume 2 is much more than a book about Discus. It documents the entire history of discus breeding – from its first beginnings to the start of 2011 – in finest detail, illustrated with over 4000 photos. More than 700 breeders from 50 countries are included, with details of their set-ups, methods, secrets, and tricks.
ISBN 9788890290466 | 672 pages | Limited edition.
ADVANCED Membership allows you to have the full access to ALL THE LOCATIONS registered in the BAP Map:
- ALL the articles about aquatic exploration by the best authors with hundreds of photos
- All BIOTOPES IN NATURE with GPS locations and detailed description of the original environment, fishes and plants collected in a precise location, other aquatic inhabitants, water parameters, substrate, data on ecology
- All BIOTOPE AQUARIUM MODELS, the best possible replications of BIOTOPEs In NATURE (lake, creek, river), correct water type and chemical parameters, correct biological community, correct décor material
- FISHES, list of alternative fish species to each BIN/BAM
- PLANTS, list of alternative fish species to each BIN/BAM